If a good metal roof can last for more than 40 years, your solar array mounting system should be able to last that long as well. Fortunately, the new and improved S-5! PV Kit 2.0 helps make the solarized metal roof the most sustainable system available on the market.
Benefits of the S-5! PV Kit 2.0
When S-5! introduced PV Kit 2.0, they introduced a system that boasts a lower cost and better installation time for PV flush-mounting. The new kit is designed to save metal roof experts time and money. Not only does the kit feature S-5! zero penetration attachment technology, it also comes with preassembled MidGrab or EdgeGrab for easier, more efficient installation.
The S-5! PV Kit 2.0 also comes with a variety of other new and improved features that make it The Right Way™ to install solar arrays to your metal roof:
- Only one tool needed for installation, eliminating several steps
- More aggressive bonding teeth for better grounding
- Bolt head uses standard hex bit tip, which is provided
- Improved single-piece EdgeGrab installs with ease
- One-inch gap between modules, allowing load reductions per ASCE-7
- UL 2703 Listed (Pending)
- Improved disk design works with all S-5! clamps and brackets
- Available in black by special order
Another great benefit of the new S-5! PV Kit is that it requires fewer lugs or copper wires to bond PV panels within a string of modules. The kit doesn’t need wires and lugs to connect module to module, although it still requires these parts to bond strings together and ground the system. An example of a system without the S-5-PV Direct Attachment Solutions (left) and one using the S-5-PV Direct Attachment Solutions (right) can be seen below.
Invest in S-5! PV Kit Clamps
The new and improved S-5! PV Kit makes it easier to mount your solar arrays to standing seam metal roofing. Order S-5! solar attachment clamps from Unistrut today or contact us online for further assistance.