Airtight Crush Resistant Insulation Clamp
The Cush-A-Therm™ Clamp is a fast, easy way to provide a crush-resistant airtight seal for chilled refrigeration or mechanical pipe- lines that require continuous insulation. The rigid foam construction has an insulating tape inner lining which supports tube and absorbs vibration of operating pipelines. The outer cover consists of a special rubber coating which seals the cushion completely after installation in order to prevent condensation. Its strong closed-cell structure is ideal for liquid cooling lines to prevent condensation and save energy.
- Maintains thermal barrier protection
- Prevents condensation
- Properly supports pipe and tube
- Absorbs vibration
- Polyurethane foam laminated with a rubber lining
- Temperature range: -70°F to +220°F
ASHRAE Insulation Recomendations
Cush-A-Therm is designed to meet the ASHRAE recommendations for insulation for mechanical systems which indicate that insulated pipe hangers should provide the following:
- Complete sealing of pipe against water vapor ingress
- No energy transfer of cold to supporting clamp to prevent condensation of water and possible growth of mold. If the support incasing the insulations is in contact withthe pipe or tube and supported by a metallic clamp, which is not protected by insulation, below ambient temperatures will be transfer to the clamp causing energy transfer and condensation.
- No interruption of the insulation envelope
- Limit or avoid compression at support location
AHRAE Section 23.13-23.14 further states "when the goal is avoiding compression of low-compressive-strength insulation products, it is reccomended to use high-stength insulation inserts made of of a product that offers the desired compressive stength and other necessary performance properties. Other higher-strength materials that are not thermal insulation material and interupt the insulation envelope, or do not allow complete sealing of an insulation system against water vapor ingress are not recommended for supporting insulated piping on pipe hangers. Note that wood blocks have poor thermal conductivity and are not recommended, espeically for cold pipe systems."
Insulated cold piping should recieve special attention when exposed to ambient or unconditioned air. The Cuch-A-Therm is a product that seals out air, and insultes the pipe/tube from the supporting clamp, and is therefore in compliance with the 2013 ASHRAE insulation reccomendations.