Looking for a crush-resistant, airtight insulation clamp that’s made for chilled refrigeration or pipe lines that require continuous insulation? The Cush-A-Therm™ Clamp is the product for you.
This airtight insulation clamp is designed to ensure that lines are properly insulated and meet ASHRAE recommendations for insulated pipe hangers. These include:
- Complete sealing of pipe against water vapors
- No energy transfer of cold to supporting clamp to prevent condensation of water and possible growth of mold
- No interruption of the insulation envelope
- Limit or avoid compression at support location
How do Cush-A-Therm clamps manage to meet those guidelines? It starts with a rigid foam construction that utilizes a strong, closed-cell structure that prevents condensation and saves energy. This foam features an inner lining that supports pipes and limits vibration. In this design, the rigid foam of a Cush-A-Therm clamp is the only material that contacts the pipe or tube, unlike plastic solutions that can create a loss of insulation. In addition, the outer cover of the clamp is made with a rubber coating that keeps the clamp sealed.
In all, the Cush-A-Therm clamp’s features include:
- Proper support of piping and tubing
- Vibration absorption
- Condensation prevention
- Polyurethane foam laminated with rubber lining
- Thermal barrier protection
- Temperature range of -70°F to 250°F (-200°C to 125°C)
- Self-extinguishing flammability per ASTM D 635
Sizing and Installation of the Cush-A-Therm Clamp
Cush-A-Therm clamps come in a variety of sizes, ranging from 1/4” to 4 1/8” hole sizes and 1/2” to 2” wall thicknesses.
Once you decide which size clamp is right for you, installation is simple. After sliding insulation over the pipes or tubes, you put the pipe hanger inserts in place and glue them to the insulation. Then you can wrap and seal the joints into place.
Cush-A-Therm clamps are simple, effective solutions for thermal barrier protection. Order Cush-A-Therm Insulation Clamps for your business today.